If you are writing blog posts to make more sales or to collect leads, I will show you some simple steps on how to get traffic to your blog. But first some words about blog traffic in general. Why do I need traffic?
That question might sound easy, but there are some things that you might not have thought about. First, it is obvious that you increase your chances of finding a new customer or a lead if your number of visitors increases. If no-one finds your blog, you will not make anything from it, right.
But how do people find your blog? Well, most times they are searching for something on Google and if you have done your job correctly, they will find your blog on the first or second page of Google.
But how will that happen? This where the traffic comes in. If you have a lot of traffic (visitors) coming to your blog, Google will notice that and put your URL higher up in the search result. Giving you a better ranking. And by that you will get even more traffic and that increases your ranking and so on. This is a huge simplification of the reality, but I just wanted you to get some basic understanding of what you will accomplish with more traffic and why you should learn how to get traffic to your blog. I will not go into any more SEO details today, but I will return to it in a later post, but meanwhile you can head over to Gate1Marketing.com if you would like to dig deeper into this.
How to get traffic to your blog – 5 simple steps
So here’s my simple strategy on how to get traffic to your blog. Follow these 5 steps and you are on your way to become a pro blogger.
- Pick your keyword. No matter what keyword research or niche you write about, your should be clear about what keyword you are targeting. There are ways to further optimize your post around your keyword, but for now, make sure you use your keyword in your title, in the first and last sentence, and somewhere in the rest of your content. Aim for a ”long tail” keyword like ”ways to strengthten your biceps” instead of short generic keywords like ”biceps” or ”train biceps”
- Once your blog post is written, checked and published, you need to make sure that you are starting to get backlinks to it. Backlinks are another way to show Google that people likes your content and one of the keys in how to get traffic to your blog. But due to recent changes inside Google, it’s not enough just having tons of backlinks. They have to be good quality backlinks too, and a way to get that is by using ”social bookmarking” Simply put, it is a strategy that involves having people sharing your post URL at different social platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Google+. My first advice here is to use SocialAdr.com. You will have the opportunity to set up a free account and get sharing bonuses for your own content by sharing others too. It is easy to use and will let you share on 26 different sites.
- Another way to get backlinks is by submitting your post URL to a ”ping” service. What it means is that you will receive a pingback to your post, that Google will detect as a visit. A great page for getting pingbacks is Linklicious.me where you just add your URL’s and get them pinged. You can use their free account or go for one of the paid ones.
- Next stop for your URL pinging is Pingler.com. Use their free ping service or go for one of the paid. Starts from just $3 a month. This is a really nice tool to use and a must if you are keen in learning how to get traffic to your blog.
- My final step in how to get traffic to your blog, involves another social bookmarking site. It may be a bit overwhelming for some new users, but if you decide to use it, you will see that it produces a good number of social backlinks for you. I am talking about TribePro.com. As for many other services you can pay for professional use, but you will have the opportunity to use it for free. You will also find a great number of different tribes, where you can follow (and get followed) by hundreds of skilled bloggers and marketers, and find lots of useful content.
How to get traffic to your blog – conclusion
Following these 5 steps will make a difference. Stay updated on my blogs, and I will show you more in detail how to optimize your post SEO and how tweak your website. But that is all for later posts. If you would like to learn more in detail on how to get traffic to your blog, let me know.
Written by Per-Erik Olsen - Visit Website
Did you find this article helpful?
If so, I would love to see your comment below and please share on Facebook
Are You in a Network Marketing business? Looking for ways to get more leads and more customers? Let me share my long experience with you and join me in a community that will give You all the tools and tips you need.
Take our three day trial to step inside and explore how you can grow YOUR business. Click Here For More Information
Free Weekly Training Webinars - No Membership Needed: CLICK HERE
Network Marketing Consultant
Follow My Tweets – PerErik Olsen
Join My Facebook Page and Ask Your Questions Right Away – The Home Business Selection
Enjoy The New Fun Of Pinterest, Get My Pinterest Expert Manual. For Free – Pinterest Expert